2019/05/13

Gag yourself on a red Life Saver


"You're Not for Me" is a bit of nastiness. I was meaner in those days. I'm pretty sure that Cilla contributed the line I used as the title of this blog post, and she threw in "Sucker," so I can share the blame. Plus the person on whom the song was very loosely base deserved it a little.

When I don't mess up a guitar solo, that means I planned it ahead of time and didn't just make it up in the studio. Everything about this song is deliberate. On Underfoot it led off side 2. I think I had some idea that it might be our hit single, except I didn't write a catchy melody.

I heard it all in my head: the feel of the guitars in the first two verses and then the change in the third verse, the lock with the drums and bass, the hand-claps, the Lennon-esque harmonica and that descending tune that shows up in other songs, and of course the guitar solo, of which I have always been proud. With this remix, the song finally has the feel I wish I could have got the first time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this іf off topic but I'm looking into starting
my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up?
I'm aassuming having a blog like yours would cost a рretty penny?
I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% sure. Any suggestions or avice would be greɑtly appreciated.
Kudos

Véro B said...

Blogger (by Google) is free. Go for it.